Orange Tree Golf Club is an exclusive, upscale golf club. To ensure that our club continues to be enjoyed by all members and their guests, we ask that certain standards of dress and golf etiquette be maintained.
What is the pace of Play standard for Orange Tree Golf Club?
Please maintain your position on the course. It is your responsibility to keep pace with the group in front of you. If you fall one full hole behind, please allow faster groups behind you to play through.
What is the rule for repairing ball marks?
It is essential that all players are diligent in their repair of ball marks on greens. A correctly repaired ball mark will recover in 24 hours. A ball mark left un-repaired for two hours can take up to two months to recover. Un-repaired ball marks also leave the green more susceptible to disease and pests. Repairing a ball mark is as easy as:
- Using a ball mark repair tool (not a tee or keys), start at the back of the ball mark where the ball has raised up the turf.
- Working your way around the ball mark, slowly and gently ease the turf toward the center of the mark. Do not attempt to lift the ball mark up from beneath.
- When you have worked your way around, gently tamp down the repaired ball mark with your putter to smooth the putting surface.
What is the replace divot requirement at Orange Tree Golf Club?
Please either replace your divots or fill them using the sand provided.
What are the rules of golf?
Familiarize yourself the USGA Rules of Golf.
What are the putting rules of etiquette?
Be aware of your shadow. Don’t stand in a place that causes your shadow to be cast across a player’s putting line or in their field of view when hitting the ball. Never walk through a player’s putting line. Step over the putting line, or ideally walk around the player’s ball.
What is the dress code?
The following outlines the dress requirements for both male and female members and guests while on the golf course:
- Bermuda-style shorts (no more than four inches above the knee)
- Golf shirts with collars
- Turtle-necks and mock-turtles
- Bermuda-style shorts (length of which should be no shorter than halfway between mid-thigh and the knee)
- Collared golf shirts.
- Collarless golf shirts with sleeves and similar sleeveless shirts with collars have been deemed acceptable for ladies.
Juniors and children are expected to be dressed in a manner consistent with these guidelines. The Professional staff has been asked to provide any further guidance as deemed necessary, and to bring to the attention of members any departure from these standards.
What are the bunker ranking rules?
Always rake bunkers after hitting to remove your footprints.
What is the spacing requirements between groups?
Do not hit the ball until you are certain that the group ahead of you is out of range.
What is a good list of golf etiquette rules?
The USGA has published an excellent primer on golf etiquette.